Volunteer at TempleCon 2013
TempleCon is by-and-large a volunteer organization. While a core staff exists comprised of men and women who dedicate the vast majority of the year to organizing TempleCon, it would be nothing without a strong crew of volunteers to keep things running, promote the event, go on the occasional food run, and maybe aid in the unmitigated crushing of our enemies when need arises.
That's where you come in. Since TempleCon grows considerably every year, we're always looking for more skilled people to join our ranks. At the same time, we work hard to run TempleCon, and while we're not out to torture you, we do expect enthusiasm and a strong work ethic if this is something you're going to commit to. Also, you might have figured out by now that we're a bunch of eccentric smart asses, so it would be beneficial if you have a functioning sense of humor.
If you are still going to make us convince you, here's a breakdown of the benefits of volunteering, and also what we expect from you.
- Refunded Admission to TempleCon at the end of the weekend for the days in which you volunteer for four or more hours each day. If you've volunteered for us before without slacking off on the job, or if you come with verifiable references, then you may receive comped admission to the convention without the hassle of paying first - your eligibility for this option will be determined after you have applied.
- Great event coordination experience.
- A great job reference (especially in the promotions and hospitality markets) if you didn't piss us off too much.
- We'll try to keep you reasonably well-hydrated and fed, because dead volunteers are far less useful.
- A warm and dry (albeit cramped) place to sleep during the weekend.
- Get cool promotional crap that is sometimes left over from events.
- A discount of $5 on an exclusive t-shirt that you can actually wear in public without people laughing at you (while supplies last, of course!).
- Your own personalized TempleCon 2013 dog tag with your rank in TempleCon Army.
- A flexible schedule during the convention weekend.
- The ability to get in on the ground floor of something rapidly growing and very cool.
- 4 to 6 hours of active convention service per day.
- Act professional. Even as a volunteer, you still represent the convention.
- Some level of self-discipline and motivation.
- The desire to listen and learn from others who you will be working with.
- While we don't care what age you are, anyone can show maturity; we expect you to.
- Some form of reliable contact information, which means a stable email address and/or phone number (preferably a cell phone).
- The ability to show up at the convention on time.
- The realization and acceptance that you are not going to get paid for this. Hell, even we don't.
- The understanding that you might not be selected as a volunteer. Don't take it personally.
If you have not been scared away yet, please completely fill out the form below and submit it to us.